Tech Topic Connection: Let's Chat.


The topic I chose to research is IT careers. I chose this topic because I want to find a job in IT, so I need to know what the job descriptions entail, necessary qualifications & average pay rate. I’ve found that job tasks do not typically match the job title so it is hard to search for positions by job title. I also do not want to apply for jobs that aren’t in a pay grade that I am willing to work for. 


I absolutely need to know what certifications or job experience is needed for me to land my dream job in tech. At this time, I am unsure what type of job I want. I’m hoping to figure that out by the time that I am finished with my degree. The one question I hope to find an answer to is how to land a job in IT when you don’t have professional experience in IT.

Discuss how your selected tech topic connects to the fundamentals of information technology covered in this course.
My selected topic was careers in IT. This topic connects to the fundamentals of information technology because this course gave me information on various topics that I can expand on and find careers that use those skillsets. 
Explain how your chosen tech topic relates to the concepts of information technology and computer science, including the history of computers and the means by which computers operate. Evaluate how your chosen tech topic relies on the major hardware components and functions of a modern computer system.
The concepts of information technology and computer science in my opinion are directly related to careers in IT. New technologies are always being invented and old technologies are always being improved. Along each step of the way, careers in IT are effected. New careers are being developed and there are new some old positions becoming obsolete. Computers no longer fill up a whole room and they no longer are only owned by the rich.
Explain how your chosen tech topic uses programming languages and program execution methods.
Many careers in IT involve you knowing at least the concepts of programming languages. I am noticing that for many positions, it’s not enough that you are fluent in one programming language, employers are now looking for full stack developers. Full stack developers are competent in front end and back end development. This way they can use one person who is a full stack developer versus having several people who specialize in one part of the process. There are a lot of jobs that now look for people with coding experience even though the job does not directly have anything to do with coding. Understanding the concepts of coding can make your job task easier to grasp (Bradford).
Analyze the role that application software plays in regards to your chosen tech topic. Describe how your chosen tech topic relates to the basic concepts of database and database management.
Application software careers are change along with the improvement of information technology. Application software developers have to work to continuously improve methods already being used as well as be knowledgable in wha already exists. The same concept applies to databases and database management. A lot of information is now being hosted in the cloud so it is important that those databases remain secure. (Tarpey)
Illustrate how the basic concepts of network architecture, management, and security influence your chosen tech topic.
As all of the topics explored above grow, there will be an increase in network security careers. There will always be a need for skilled personnel to keep the cloud safe as well as data breaches. 
Resources:
Tarpey, M. (8 November 2018). 5 long-lasting technology careers for the future. Retrieved from https://www.careerbuilder.com/advice/5-longlasting-technology-careers-for-the-future
Bradford, L. (2 June 2016). 8 Jobs That Are Easier To Land If You Can Code. Retrieved from https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurencebradford/2016/06/02/8-jobs-that-are-easier-to-land-if-you-can-code/#4efc45dc67dd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Programming Languages

Traveling Through a Network: Ping vs Traceout